About this event:
Free Digital Enablement Workshop, Wed 3 Feb 2016 10:00-13:00
Exploring the risks to children and young people of a life online: From inappropriate content, cyberbullying and online predators. Understanding the risks, and practical steps you can take to make it safer.
Understanding the risks.
Get a realistic sense of the dangers to your children from:
- Online predators
- Inappropriate content – drugs, sex, violence, self-harm, gambling?
- Cyberbullying on social media
Practical steps you can take:
Understand what can and can’t be done to monitor or restrict your children’s activity online:
- Parental control systems for home PCs and mobile devices
- Reporting systems for cyberbullying and predation
- Keeping an open dialogue with your children
Go to www.exetercvs.org.uk/learn to book, or call 01392 202055