About this event:
Volunteers & the Law
Wednesday 9 March
1 session: 10.00 – 16.00
Make sure your volunteers are valued, safe and confident in their work by implementing fair, ethical policies and working practices that meet or exceed current legislation.
Understanding the legal status of volunteers is essential for voluntary organisations. This workshop is an opportunity to explore the current situation with regards to contracts, DBS checks and other legal matters.
By the end of the sessions you will have:
- •explored the definition of volunteering and identified volunteers’ rights
- •considered the difference between a contract and an agreement
- •explored the impact on volunteering of Health and Safety, Insurance, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Equality Act 2010
- •reviewed the current DBS check situation
- •knowledge about volunteering and benefits
- •an understanding of the guidelines around volunteer expenses
- •discussed Volunteer Management Policies
- •shared good practice measures