About this event:
£45 • 10:00 am – 1:00 pm • Wednesday 4th October 2017
Aims of the workshop:
• Develop an awareness of stress, its symptoms and effects – what is stress and how does it affect us?
• Develop an understanding of mindfulness
• Equip learners with mindfulness coping strategies to help support them to manage stress and build resilience to stress
• Identify the point when further assistance may be needed.
The workshop will also give learners guidance on what to do if they are feeling overly stressed and where to get further support and advice.
• What is the stress response and why do we have it?
• What is mindfulness
• My typical stress response – a self-evaluation
• The mindful approach to dealing with stress
• Practical mindfulness techniques
• The 30 second mindfulness rescue
• When it gets too much – avenues of support
These workshops are a mix of tutor led input, discussions and practical exercises. This is an interactive process where all delegates are involved in exploring the topic. The workshop is designed to be practical, experiential and empowering. The mindfulness taught in this workshop is designed to be accessible and easy to use in a work or home environment.
All delegates will be presented with a course workbook covering the subject which can be used as a resource or reminder. A series of stress management products are also handed out to learners.
If you would like more information before booking, call 01392 202055