Do you want to find a language swap partner? Or someone to practise English with?

Home Forums Language teaching and learning Do you want to find a language swap partner? Or someone to practise English with?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 82 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nur Fariha Nur Fariha 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of James Liggatt
    James Liggatt
    Participant

Hello Fariha

Thank you for writing. That would be great I would be happy to help. What days/times are you available and where do you prefer to meet e.g. Sst Sidwell’s community centre? at the moment I am able to help in the daytime or evenings, however this might change soon because of work commitments in the day. I look forwards to your reply.

James

Profile photo of Nur Fariha
      Nur Fariha
      Participant

Hello James @jliggatt

I’m glad you replied. How about Monday 8th August? I will let you decide on place and time because I’m quite flexible with my schedule on that day. This is my email address nfbm201@exeter.ac.uk

Thanks,
      Fariha

Profile photo of Nur Fariha
    Nur Fariha
    Participant

Hi James @jliggatt
    I would like to practice English with you if you don’t mind. Im Malaysian, a postgrad student at the Univ of Exeter. I don’t know how to reply to your comment. Hope you will notice this.

Fariha

Profile photo of James Liggatt
    James Liggatt
    Participant

Hello

I am available to offer English language conversation practice for someone. I am a native speaker and live in Exeter. I am free in the evenings but can be flexible about time. I have also been learning Spanish for the last month, so would welcome the opportunity to improve my basic skills with any Spanish speakers. I would also be interested to learn about other languages and cultures.
    Thanks

James

Profile photo of Monica Gomez
    Monica Gomez
    Participant

Hi Teena Whitfield, I would like practice my english with you. I have available several days a week so, whenever you want, we can meet up for a coffee. See you soon, Monica

Profile photo of Harry Uglow
    Harry Uglow
    Participant

Hello I’m looking to practice Spanish with someone and I can I help with your English in exchange. I live very close to Exeter. Thanks

Profile photo of Louise Knight
    Louise Knight
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am a native English speaker and qualified CELTA teacher and I lived in Spain for two years teaching at an academy. I have recently moved to Paignton to be closer to family and I am looking for a language exchange partner so that I can maintain my level of Spanish and help anyone in the area looking to improve their English.

Please get in touch if you are interested!

Thanks

Louise

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi, I am happy to help with learning to speak English and reading/writing. I live in Exeter and could meet you in a coffee shop either at weekends or early evenings for an hour or two. I am not looking to learn another language.

Profile photo of Elena
    Elena
    Participant

Hello everyone!) I graduated from Moscow university of journalism, can swap Russian for English or French (but priority is English)

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Profile photo of Elena Elena.

Hi Everyone!
    I forgot say that I’m in Exeter! I’d like swap spanish for english!

Enjoy your day !

I will see rugby now! ūüėČ

Witch is your favorite team?

Hello Everyone

I am a Turkish. ńįf anyone wants to learn Turkish i can swap for English conversation.

Thank you!

HI EVERYONE!
    I am Ana Laura from M√©xico! I want improve my listening and all my english too, and I’d like find a language swap partner, I could help you practice your spanish language and you help me with my english. I hope find somebody here. I will be very glad! ????

Hi I am Javier, a Spanish guy living in Exeter, who is looking at the possibility to swap languages, so that I can teach some Spanish and willing of course, to learn and improve some more English. I have been thinking and considering that the best I can offer is having two hours from time to time and one on one to practice both English and Spanish. I think that would be fair and very useful to interested people.

I look forward to hearing from you…

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Hi!

I have degree in Advertising and Marketing by UFRJ, the best University in Brasil.

I speak Portuguese and I would like to learn English!!! :)

Profile photo of Said charrat
    Said charrat
    Participant

hello im from morocco and im a student in sidwell center and i would like to practice my english

Lina Hu said:

Hello

I’m a postgraduate student in the university of Exeter. I’m a Chinese and would like to swap English for conversation.

Lina

Profile photo of Vicente Arroyas
    Vicente Arroyas
    Participant

Hello everyone!

How are things going?

I’m a Spanish guy doing an internship in a Primary School in Paignton and I’d love to do some language¬†exchange to improve my English while helping with your Spanish.

Vicente.

Profile photo of Louise Knight
      Louise Knight
      Participant

Hola Vicente

¬ŅSigue usted viviendo en Paignton? Acabo de llegar y quiero practicar mi espa√Īol con un nativo para que no pierde mi confianza o el fluidez. Tambi√©n soy profesora de ingl√©s y puedo ayudarle para mejorar su nivel en como clases informales de conversaci√≥n.
      Me llamo Louise, soy de una isla peque√Īa en canal de la mancha, tengo 26 a√Īos y estoy empezando una nueva vida aqui en Paignton por ahora.
      Si le interesa, podríamos quedar un día y tomar un cafecito.

Mi correo es louise-knight11@hotmail.com

Espero que hablamos pronto.

Un saludo

Louise

Hi I am Javier, a Spanish guy living currently in Exmouth, who was looking at the possibility to swap languages, so that I can teach some Spanish and willing of course, to learn and improve some more English. I have been thinking and considering that the best I can offer is having two hours from time to time and one on one to practice both English and Spanish. I think that would be fair and very useful to interested people. There is no more pleasant than finding someone with the same purpose to learn.

I look forward to hearing from you…

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Profile photo of Tat Ruck
    Tat Ruck
    Participant

Hi Adam – have you got in touch with Rachel above? Sounds like you can both benefit!

Adam Balkwill said:

Hello everyone! Bonjour à tous!

Je voudrais bien trouver des gens Français, pour que je puisse pratiquer la langue française. En ce moment, je fais une formation d’enseignant en école primaire à l’Université d’Exeter. Peut-être pourrions-nous nous rencontrer plus d’un café à Exeter?

:)

Profile photo of Adam Balkwill
    Adam Balkwill
    Participant

Hello everyone! Bonjour à tous!

Je voudrais bien trouver des gens Français, pour que je puisse pratiquer la langue française. En ce moment, je fais une formation d’enseignant en école primaire à l’Université d’Exeter. Peut-être pourrions-nous nous rencontrer plus d’un café à Exeter?

:)

Hi Maria! Do you think your friend will be able to help me too? I would really like to find someone to practise with… I¬īll be pleasant. Thanks

Profile photo of Maria Pylypiak
    Maria Pylypiak
    Participant

¬†Hi Saulius, I have a friend who can help you.¬† His first language is English.¬† He¬†is also fluent in Russian and he knows a little Polish/Ukrainian and German too.¬†I’ve sent you a friend request and can put you in touch with him. Maria

Saulius said:

Hello ,

Would like to learn english conversation , speaking Lithuanian , Russian.

Weekends , evenings.

Hello everyone. Are you interesting in swapping your English for my Spanish in Exmouth or Exeter? Do you know anyone who is either keen on practicing Spanish or simply willing to help me with the English?
    Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Saulius
    Saulius
    Participant

Hello ,

Would like to learn english conversation , speaking Lithuanian , Russian.

Weekends , evenings.

Hi, someone who would you like to swap English for Spanish?

Javier

Profile photo of Mensrain Khalil
    Mensrain Khalil
    Participant

Hello

I like this sit. If gave a bit clear information about this activity please, It would be great for example, who will work with us where and when ?

Regards

Mensrain

Profile photo of Saulius
    Saulius
    Participant

Hello Victoria , 

Thank you for your replay.

Would be great , what time is convenient for you ?

Send me email to employee.sb@gmail.com

Best regards ,Saulius 

Profile photo of Victoria Furtado
    Victoria Furtado
    Participant

Hi saulius, I’d like to swap English for Russian. Can you message me here?

Profile photo of Saulius
    Saulius
    Participant

Would like to learn English , speaking Russian , Lithuanian.

Profile photo of Mujibalam Khalil
    Mujibalam Khalil
    Participant

Hi and thanks 

yes l want but l speak Pashtu and Dari which is nearly the same as Farsi.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Nuria
    Nuria
    Participant

Daniel Moya Pe√Īas said:

Hi Mark,

I’m Daniel from Spain. If you want, we can swap Spanish-English. My email is i22moped@hotmail.com.¬†

We are in touch.

Mark Fletton said:

kate oneill said:

you will be inundated!!!

Mark Fletton said:

Hi,

I would be very interested in hearing from any native Spanish speakers who would like to ‘swap’ English for Spanish.

All the best.

Mark

We’ll see! I am the Devon equivalent of ‘Unlucky Alf’, so I am not banking on it :)

Hi Mark,

I’m Daniel from Spain. If you want, we can swap Spanish-English. My email is i22moped@hotmail.com.¬†

We are in touch.

Mark Fletton said:

kate oneill said:

you will be inundated!!!

Mark Fletton said:

Hi,

I would be very interested in hearing from any native Spanish speakers who would like to ‘swap’ English for Spanish.

All the best.

Mark

We’ll see! I am the Devon equivalent of ‘Unlucky Alf’, so I am not banking on it :)

Profile photo of Mark Fletton
    Mark Fletton
    Participant

kate oneill said:

you will be inundated!!!

Mark Fletton said:

Hi,

All the best.

Mark

Profile photo of kate oneill
    kate oneill
    Participant

you will be inundated!!!

Mark Fletton said:

Hi,

All the best.

Mark

Profile photo of Mark Fletton
    Mark Fletton
    Participant

Hi,

All the best.

Mark

Profile photo of ana dujat
    ana dujat
    Participant

hello

I¬īm Ana

I¬īm Spanish.

i looking for someone to swap Spanish or french by English…

I have a lot of resource for teacher the both languages!

writte me an email anadujatdesallimes@hotmail.com

See you!

Profile photo of ana dujat
    ana dujat
    Participant

HI Filipa

i¬īm interesting in doing a swap wiht you..

i¬īm spanis but i lived for 3 year in Paris and i speak very weel french

if you are interesting seend me an email..

thanks

Filipa C. said:

Hello!

Oxford graduate, has taught English in Japan, would like to swap for French or (basic!) Japanese conversation.  Early evenings best.  :)

Profile photo of Sara Roig
    Sara Roig
    Participant

Hi Miriam,

so let’s do it! here’s my e-mail: sararoigvendrell@gmail.com, it’s the easiest way to keep in touch

Miriam Nyeko said:

Hi I’m Miriam and I live in Exeter too. I would love to swap Spanish conversation for English conversation.

Sara Roig said:

Hi

I’m from Spain and now I’m living in Exeter. I speak Spanish and italian too. I’ll be interested in a English¬† conversation swap . Anyone?

Profile photo of Sara Roig
    Sara Roig
    Participant

Hi

I’m from Spain and now I’m living in Exeter. I speak Spanish and italian too. I’ll be interested in a English¬† conversation swap . Anyone?

Profile photo of Nuria
    Nuria
    Participant

Hello, I’m from Spain and I am living in Totnes. Someone would like¬†to swap English for conversation?

Profile photo of Kim Edwards
    Kim Edwards
    Participant

Hi Lina, I’m English and would be interested in a conversation swap.¬† I live in Buckfastleigh, so taking distance into account if you’re interested please email me on wheelofyoga@live.co.uk.

Profile photo of Kim Edwards
    Kim Edwards
    Participant

Lina Hu said:

Hello

I’m a postgraduate student in the university of Exeter. I’m a Chinese and would like to swap English for conversation.

Lina

Hi everyone!

I’m Daniel and I’m Spanish. I would like to improve my English. So anyone who wants to learn some Spanish,this is the moment. ;)

By the way, I live in Exeter.

Profile photo of Emiliano
    Emiliano
    Participant

¬†Ciao Natalie, mi chiamo Emiliano e sono italiano. I’m live in Exeter i’m¬†here for study¬†English..¬†If you ¬†want we can help oursef for learn ours¬† languace.

Hi Jill

Maybe I didn’t write well my email. madava8@hotmail.com or mjdaza8@gmail.com.

I’ll like meet with you.

Best wishes

Maria Jose

Hi Jill,

I live in Exminster, but I don’t have problem for go to Exeter. We shall meet in your or my house in coffee shop where do you want?

My email is madava8@hot mail.com.

Thanks.

Maria Jose

Profile photo of Jill Ashby
    Jill Ashby
    Participant

Hi Maria

That sounds great, where shall we meet Рdo you live in Exeter?  Would you like my mobile number?

best wishes 

Jill

Hi Jill, I am maria Jose from Spain and we would to swap. Thanks
    Jill Ashby said:

Hi All

Qualified and experienced English TEFL teacher would like to swap English grammar/conversation for Spanish grammar/conversation.

Jill

Profile photo of Nuria
    Nuria
    Participant

Hello!

I am living in Newton Abbot, I am from Spain and I would like to learn English. Is there someone who would like to swap Spanish for English?

Thank you

of course i am interested!! how could we meet??

Miriam Nyeko said:

Hi! I’m a gap year student¬†and am¬†looking to improve my fluency in Spanish before I go to Honduras as an English teacher for a month later on this year. I would like to swap Spanish for English¬†please.

Miriam

Hi everybody!!

I’m a spanish psychologist living in Teignmouth for some weeks and i’d like to swap for English. I have taught spanish in the past. If you are interested, please let me know!!

Gracias!!!!

Profile photo of hassan mohammed
    hassan mohammed
    Participant

Hi

I’m a postgraduate student in the university of Exeter. I’m Iraqi and would like to swap English for conversation.

Profile photo of Amal Ali
    Amal Ali
    Participant

kate oneill said:

HI Amal

I’ll ask some of our volunteers if they would like to do some 1:1 tutoring for your son- will get back to you :)

Kate

Hi Kate 

Thanks for reply ! 

That would be great :)

Thank you !!!

Amal 

Amal Ali
    Participant

Olive Tree said:

Hi Amal, 

Thanks for posting this! Is it for his IGCSE??  

Amal Ali said:  Hello Olive Tree !

Yes , He is year 10 ,He has been in UK for 2 years now , His communication and understanding for English is fine ,However I am not sure about his grammar and writing skill level, He never let me teach him !!!!

I think he might be more interested to get help from some body else .

Thanks 

Hello ,

I am Amal from Jordan , Native Arabic,  and I have BA in French and its Literature. I would  like to swap Arabic ( beginner or conversation, reading , writing )  or French ( Conversation , grammar, reading,writing )  for English

conversation and grammar for my Son who is 14. 

Thanks

Amal Ali 

kate oneill
    Participant

HI Amal

I’ll ask some of our volunteers if they would like to do some 1:1 tutoring for your son- will get back to you :)

Kate

Profile photo of Olive Tree
    Olive Tree
    Keymaster

Hi Amal, 

Thanks for posting this! Is it for his IGCSE??  

Amal Ali said:

Hello ,

I am Amal from Jordan , Native Arabic,  and I have BA in French and its Literature. I would  like to swap Arabic ( beginner or conversation, reading , writing )  or French ( Conversation , grammar, reading,writing )  for English

Thanks

Amal Ali 

Amal Ali
    Participant

Hello ,

Thanks

Amal Ali 

Profile photo of Johanna Berrios
    Johanna Berrios
    Participant

Hello Jill. I am Johanna from Honduras. I would like practice English. Do you have Skype? I am jojota@hotmail.co.uk.

Saludos,

Johanna.

Jill Ashby said:

Hi All

Qualified and experienced English TEFL teacher would like to swap English grammar/conversation for Spanish grammar/conversation.

Jill

Profile photo of Cindy Ju
    Cindy Ju
    Participant

Hello everybody, 

My name is Cindy, from China. i am looking for someone who would like to practice English with me .

My requirement :¬† English level —Advanced or above

In return you will get  :  Free to learn Mandarin and chinese culture

Thanks for your attention .Looking forward to hearing from you

Cindy

Tat Ruck
    Participant

Hi Raylya РI just spotted your question about email addresses.  it;s best not to post your email on the public forum Рif you want to send someone a private message with your email address, you need to add them as a friend then send a private message. 

Raylya Bradford said:

Hello Victoria [and everyone],

I’m Russian;I could be your teacher)))

Swap wouldn’t work for me ( sorry) as I’ve got a degree in Foreign Philology: English,French.(my French is rubbish though,no practice for years now).

I’m new to this site,just learning my way around here.I’m not sure whether it’s ok to leave my contacts here.(?)

Hope it’s ok,my e-mail: raylya_b@yahoo.com

Regards,

Raylya

Victoria Furtado said:

Hello! looking for Russian swap for English or Russian teacher. can anybody help?

Victoria

Profile photo of J O'Hea
    J O’Hea
    Participant

Hi Sasi – I sent you a message but maybe you didn’t see it? ¬†Yes, I think this is a great idea – do you want to email me so we can arrange it? ¬†My address is jacquelineohea@googlemail.com ¬†Jackie ¬†

Sasi said:

It is difficult to justify my level of French. Even though I learnt the language since I was a high school students (til i finish a degree in French, I hardly use the language). I still struggle with basic vocabulary. For me, I think I need a person to practice French with me. Shall we start like a penpal? This allows me to review what I learnt and you can help me as a writing/speaking tutor.

It is great to have your son joining in. I am teaching mine through telling stories and it works. Yours and mine can share what they think of the stories by using English at the first stage. When your son feels more comfortable to speak Thai, then I think both of them will never stop speaking (in Thai). Like us, I can explain the meaning of the words in the story as well as (if you like) how to write them.

What do think of my idea?

Victoria Furtado
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll look them up :-)

Tat Ruck
    Participant

Hi Victoria – I did a quick search on the Grapeviners page and found 4 Grapeviners from Russia – Tatiana is learning English so might be worth sending her a message (you will need to add her as a friend first) or leaving a comment on her page – hope this helps! ¬†Good luck …

Victoria Furtado
    Participant

Hello! looking for Russian swap for English or Russian teacher. can anybody help?

Victoria

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Sasi
    Sasi
    Participant

It is difficult to justify my level of French. Even though I learnt the language since I was a high school students (til i finish a degree in French, I hardly use the language). I still struggle with basic vocabulary. For me, I think I need a person to practice French with me. Shall we start like a penpal? This allows me to review what I learnt and you can help me as a writing/speaking tutor.

It is great to have your son joining in. I am teaching mine through telling stories and it works. Yours and mine can share what they think of the stories by using English at the first stage. When your son feels more comfortable to speak Thai, then I think both of them will never stop speaking (in Thai). Like us, I can explain the meaning of the words in the story as well as (if you like) how to write them.

What do think of my idea?

Attachments:
    Profile photo of J O'Hea
    J O’Hea
    Participant

Mainly conversation – I know some basics but would like to learn more – and maybe my 9-year-old could join in too? ¬†He used to be fluent but now he’s forgotten most of it!

What is your level/requirement in French?

Profile photo of Sasi
    Sasi
    Participant

You are right. What areas of Thai do you want to learn? Conversation, literacy, or anything else?

Profile photo of J O'Hea
    J O’Hea
    Participant

No Exmouth which is not too far away!

Sasi said:

This is Great, O’Hea! Do you live in Exeter?¬†

J O’Hea said:

Hi Sasi, ¬†I can teach you French (I’m not French but I used to live and work in France) and my husband is Thai so it would be good for me to improve my Thai!

Sasi said:

postgraduate student in TESOL, I speak Thai and would like to learn French or Chinese

Tat Ruck
    Participant

It’s great to see people linking up to share languages – do let us know how you get on!

Profile photo of Sasi
    Sasi
    Participant

Yes. I got a message from Lina and hope that we can make it.

kate oneill said:

Sasi, why don’t you meet up with Lina and swap English for Chinese?

Sasi said:

postgraduate student in TESOL, I speak Thai and would like to learn French or Chinese

Profile photo of Sasi
    Sasi
    Participant

This is Great, O’Hea! Do you live in Exeter?¬†

J O’Hea said:

Hi Sasi, ¬†I can teach you French (I’m not French but I used to live and work in France) and my husband is Thai so it would be good for me to improve my Thai!

Sasi said:

Profile photo of Helen Jackson
    Helen Jackson
    Participant

Hi, I would love to meet someone to practice spanish conversation. I can swap for english conversation and grammar. I have taught english in the past. Does anyone live in the Barnstaple area?

Gracias,

Helen.

Profile photo of J O'Hea
    J O’Hea
    Participant

Sasi said:

kate oneill
    Participant

Sasi, why don’t you meet up with Lina and swap English for Chinese?

Sasi said:

Profile photo of Sasi
    Sasi
    Participant

Profile photo of Elizabeth Alvarez
    Elizabeth Alvarez
    Participant

Hi there

I am a qualified English TEFL and Spanish teacher. Any chance someone is interested on swapping German for Spanish or English??

Profile photo of Jill Ashby
    Jill Ashby
    Participant

Hi All

Jill

Hi, I’m Spanish postgraduate and I’m interested in swap Spanish conversation/grammar for English

Profile photo of Lina Hu
    Lina Hu
    Participant

Hello

Lina

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Filipa C.
    Filipa C.
    Participant

Hello!

Oxford graduate, has taught English in Japan, would like to swap for French or (basic!) Japanese conversation.  Early evenings best.  :)

Tat Ruck
    Participant

Want to swap Estonian for English, French for Farsi, or Spanish for Swahili?

This is the place to find a language swap partner – just reply to the discussion saying which language you speak, and which languages you would like to learn.

Good luck!

Hi Graham, Do you live in Exeter?
    I’m interested in swap english/spanish with you.
    I have sent to you an invitation to accept me as a friend and to contact by email
    I hope to hear from you soon

Profile photo of Graham Bedford
    Graham Bedford
    Participant

Hi, I am a very newly qualified Celta English teacher and I would like to help anyone trying to learn English with someone who could help me practice my Spanish. 

Many thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Tat Ruck Tat Ruck.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Tat Ruck Tat Ruck.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.