FILMING – your say on how the media portrays immigrants/migrants

Home Forums Offers, wants and swaps FILMING – your say on how the media portrays immigrants/migrants

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tat Ruck Tat Ruck 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Tat Ruck
    Tat Ruck
    Participant

Good to see you and Stan have made contact – good luck with the filming, looking forward to hearing all about it. 

Tat Ruck said:

That’s great – I know Carrie has a filming date set up – am sure she will get back to you soon!

Ewart Stanislaus (Stan) said:

Hi Carrie,

I have lived in Torbay over thirty years, mainly owning a business and agree with what you have noticed. I wish to know more so will be emailing you.

Regards

Stan.

Profile photo of Fixers UK
    Fixers UK
    Participant

Hi Stan. Good to hear from you. I have replied to your email. I hope you can join us at Exeter’s St Sidwells Centre on Tuesday August 6th :) My work number is 07436 264064. It would be lovely to chat to you a bit more beforehand.

Carrie 

Tat Ruck
    Participant

That’s great – I know Carrie has a filming date set up – am sure she will get back to you soon!

Ewart Stanislaus (Stan) said:

Hi Carrie,

I have lived in Torbay over thirty years, mainly owning a business and agree with what you have noticed. I wish to know more so will be emailing you.

Regards

Stan.

Hi Carrie,

Regards

Stan.

Fixers UK
    Participant

Thanks for this Tat. I really appreciate your help. We have had some really strong feedback to Rugile’s project so far.

Tat Ruck
    Participant

Hi Carrie – we will make sure people know about this and I will contact a few people directly

Fixers UK
    Participant

A young Lithuanian woman has joined the charity Fixers, which gives young people a voice.

She is working with Fixers to create a public awareness poster campaign highlighting the good things that immigrants to England provide the country. Rugile, who lives in Devon, feels that often newspapers make sweeping generalisations about immigrants and she wants to challenge this.

Fixers produce features each month for ITV News. Rugile’s project has been chosen. She will narrate the 3-4min film by herself, raising awareness about her project and what she hopes to achieve.

We would like to film Rugile meeting with a group of immigrants (any age) living in Devon and give them a chance to have their say on the issue itself and also offer feedback to Rugile’s project and the posters she has designed with the help of media experts.

Filming will take place on AUGUST 6th in the Exeter area.

If you want to find out more contact carrie@fixers.org.uk

http://www.fixers.org.uk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.