Free 14-week Participatory Photography Course

Home Forums Events and event planning Free 14-week Participatory Photography Course

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tat Ruck Tat Ruck 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Gülcan Kılıç
    Gülcan Kılıç
    Participant

Hello,

I am a new member in this page. So I have just seen this post. Can I join the group please?
    I have just bought a new camera and I really interest in photography .
    Thank you so much!

Profile photo of Tat Ruck
      Tat Ruck
      Participant

Hi @gulcankilic – I only just saw your post! Has CLive from @meridianraw been in touch with you?

Profile photo of Meridian RAW
    Meridian RAW
    Participant

Places are filling up fast for this course, we only have 8 places left and there are still 12 days before this course starts. You can book this course via our Eventbrite Page or email us for more information on clive@meridianinraw.com

This participatory photography course is a free 14-week course that enables participants to create their own photo-story or photographic theme and build a portfolio of images. Over the 14 weeks participants will take part in the following activities:

Creating you own photo-story or theme
    Take part in inspiring photo-dialogue exercises
    Learn and develop basic camera skills
    Go on a photography trip and multi-cultural tour
    Build your portfolio of images
    Learn how to plan your photography project
    Work in a safe environment within small groups
    Discover and apply captions to you images
    Take part in a fun and creative activity

The main focus of this course is about developing a photo-story or theme that can reflect aspects of your life, your community and issue that affects you or reflect subject that you are interested in. Although we do teach and demonstrate the basics of camera work and the technical side of photography, the main objective is to develop your personal photo-story or theme and present that to a wider audience.

For this course we have partnered with The Bridge Collective who are a social enterprise set up as a Community Interest Company and building a democratic community of mutual support run by people who have experiences, beliefs, and feelings that have sometimes been labelled as mental illness.
    This participatory photography course is part of the Our Lives, Our Community, Our Voice project, which is a two-year community project in Exeter that uses photography as a means of engagement and empowerment and is managed by Olive Tree Association/Devon Grapevine in partnership with Meridian Raw. These participatory photography workshops are free and open to people living in Exeter, with a focus on St James and City Centre areas of the City.

This two-year project has been generously funded by The People Health Trust and aims to help individuals, who may be suffering from social isolation, an opportunity to take part in a creative project, meet other people in their community and to provide a voice to those individuals who are not always heard.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Meridian RAW Meridian RAW.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.