Harina Pan or Maseca

Home Forums Offers, wants and swaps Harina Pan or Maseca

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tat Ruck Tat Ruck 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Johanna Berrios
    Johanna Berrios
    Participant

Lorna Haynes said:

Still looking for HARINA PAN?  I found it in  Exeter in the  Latin bar- restaurant  “Las Iguanas”  on Queen Street near  the Phoenix. They have a shelf   full of  packets of HARINA PAN!

I  picked one up last  Saturday, but HURRY: the  expiry date  says April 2014 (I have used HarinaPan that is  over a year old) .  Unless we  buy it I suspect they will  not replace it and maintain it in future!  

Lorna Haynes

Que bueno, Lorna…I dont often get as far as Exeter but will certainly pop into Las Iguanas when I do.

Saludos,

Jojo

Johanna Berrios
    Participant

Thank you Ann… Im buying from Ebay now, the price is about the same. Nice of you to help.

Abrazos,

Jojo

Profile photo of Lorna Haynes
    Lorna Haynes
    Participant

Still looking for HARINA PAN?  I found it in  Exeter in the  Latin bar- restaurant  “Las Iguanas”  on Queen Street near  the Phoenix. They have a shelf   full of  packets of HARINA PAN!

I  picked one up last  Saturday, but HURRY: the  expiry date  says April 2014 (I have used HarinaPan that is  over a year old) .  Unless we  buy it I suspect they will  not replace it and maintain it in future!  

Lorna Haynes

Lorna Haynes
    Participant

ann worthington said:

Hi Johanna, you can order Harina Pan from this website: http://www.lapaella.co.uk/culture/harina_pan.html

Profile photo of ann worthington
    ann worthington
    Participant

Hi Johanna, you can order Harina Pan from this website: http://www.lapaella.co.uk/culture/harina_pan.html

Profile photo of Tat Ruck
    Tat Ruck
    Participant

That sounds like a good idea Lorna – crowd sourced flour!  I buy bread flour in 15 kg sacks (family of 4) and that stores fine – not sure whether maize flour stores so well though?

Lorna Haynes
    Participant

Hi- hola!

I don´t know about Exeter, but I emailed a  Venezuelan friend in Reading who replied: 

“Liana and I have found the main distributor in London, but minimum order is of 20×1 kg.” How many people are there  out there wanting how much? I´ll ask about the price etc. Maybe a few of us can get together to place an order and then for an “arepazo”! 

Saludos, 

Lorna

Profile photo of Tat Ruck
    Tat Ruck
    Participant

Yum, I love arepas! I am sure I have seen tortilla flour for sale somewhere in Devon,  I hope someone gets back to you with some good ideas.  Have you tried looking online?

Johanna Berrios
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I cannot find a local supply of maize flour and as I am from C.America this is very dear to me as we all love tortillas and tamales. I know that S.Americans also use pre cooked maize flour for arepas, and think there must be somewhere local where I can buy. Popular brand names are Harina Pan or Maseca.

Can you help me?

Abrazos,

Johanna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.