Now that the dust has settled and did vote, are you happy with the outcome ?

Home Forums Race, politics and inclusion Now that the dust has settled and did vote, are you happy with the outcome ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Wright Dave Wright 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Thanks Dave for taking time to reply. I always live in hope for better things, but looking at the larger picture, things do not seem to be looking good. From the top, the Goverment which ever colour do not seem to be able to tell us the truth in many areas. As far as locally the New Mayor is very experenced in Torbay, so will just need to see, as you say in six months time. 

Profile photo of Dave Wright
    Dave Wright
    Keymaster

Hi Stan, Glad to see you being so optimistic – I’ll ask you again in 6 months time about the new mayor. I voted but, to be honest, it didn’t make me feel hopeful. In the parish I live in there were only ywo candidates – one Conservative, one Lib Dem – and I don’t really want either of them. As for the Yes/No to voting reform – it gve me momentary hope for change but that was soon lost.

Am I being too cynical?

In Torbay we have a new Mayor, so we are all hoping for a new start.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.