Would you like to volunteer in a Secondary School?

Home Forums Job adverts and volunteering Would you like to volunteer in a Secondary School?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ana Laura Hernandez Vasquez Ana Laura Hernandez Vasquez 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Hi I speak spanish very well because I’m from México, I’m trying improve my english, if I can help you I’d to do it.
    I’m now living in Exminster and I’m taking english class with you, but if you need my help fantastic.

Greetings

Ana Laura Hernández Vásquez

Profile photo of Mark Partizan
    Mark Partizan
    Participant

Isca Academy, a state secondary school in Exeter, has had a number of new pupils arrive recently from various countries who understand little or no English. We are looking for volunteers to come in and support these pupils in class or on a one-to-one basis, so that they can access the curriculum. You would need to be a native or near-native speaker of their home language, as well as having a good level of spoken and written English.

We cannot pay you, but we can give you lunch and compensate for any small costs incurred. We can also provide you with references and certification of your help.

This is the current list of languages that we need speakers of:
    Arabic
    Mandarin
    Spanish
    Romanian
    French
    Polish
    Korean
    Bulgarian
    Thai

If you think you could help us, please contact me via mpeggs@iscaexeter.co.uk, or my colleague Ali via adavey@iscaexeter.co.uk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.