The Devon Grapevine is a moderated network. This means that the Grapevine team help to keep the site safe by checking details before accepting new members, and making sure that posts don’t break the house rules.
There are general safety rules that anyone using social media should follow. If you have any reason for not wanting someone to find you, you must be especially careful about internet safety.
- Go to your profile and check your privacy settings. You can then choose exactly what people can see when you post on the Grapevine.
- Use a nickname or just your first name if you have any reason for not wanting others to find you. For example, if you are or have been at risk of domestic violence.
- Create a strong password and don’t tell anyone else what it is.
- Never post your address, phone number or email address in a public post. If you want to send contact details to another member, use private messaging. How do I send a private message?
- If you have a problem with the Devon Grapevine, please report it to the Network Creator by clicking on the “Report an Issue” link at the bottom of the page.
- Block anyone who sends you unwanted messages and report them on the “Report an issue” link.
Do you know how to protect your information when shopping on the internet?
Try our internet shopping quiz to find out more.